Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012



 
Book trailer

THE NEXT BIG THING

How this works: There are ten interview questions. I'll answer those for my current book, Out of the Past and then tag five more authors. They'll each tag five more, and so on. Here are the interview questions as applied to my book. Special thanks to Carol A. Spradling who tagged me—check out to see her Next Big Thing  here.
 
 Here are the 10 questions
 
What is the working title of your book?
Out of the Past. It is the first of a trilogy which stars Torie Mills
 
Where did the idea come from for the book?
It just came to me all at once. I never really considered that I would write a time travel book but many factors came together.
 
What genre does your book fall under?
I would say it is a combination of contemporary, fantasy, women’s fiction, time-travel, drama, suspense
 
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Torie Mills- is a girl next door type, stylishly beautiful without even trying. I see Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson possibly.
 
These next characters already have a look. It would be a matter of finding a current actor that fits the bill.
 
Dave Cameron-His resemblance is a certain thread that weaves throughout the story. I don’t want to give away who he looks like. It would be a simple task, though. I just would need to leave that to a casting director to find the right man.
 
Derek Bonner- he looks like he stepped out of a magazine. He resembles Brad Pitt
 
Mindy White-a young Dyan Cannon
 
Wyatt Mills- he looks like Christian Slater
 
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
 
It is first and foremost a love story, on many levels—love of a man and a woman, love of family and learning from the past the lessons of life.
 
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I self-published
 
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It took me about six weeks to write the story but it has been about five years of research to gain the knowledge I needed to write it.
 
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I really haven’t ever heard of a story like mine because much of it is a combination of my own personal research. It is very contemporary and the characters inhabit many real places, mixing real people and places with the fictional characters. It is a passionate love story, a paranormal adventure, a thriller with a suspense factor that is intense. My beta readers said they laughed out loud and cried over scenes.
 
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My love of history and family heritage inspired me.
 
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Many surprises and twists that make the reader think that this could actually be from true life. The sharp turn the story takes to something unexpected,  will lead into the next chapter of the trilogy. Hehehe
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment